Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Paper Versus Electronics

Somebody swiped the paper this morning, probably my better half, so I tried the online version of the Daily Jumble. The first two words I got easily, but the solutions to the next two proved more elusive. So I moved on to the final phrase and discovered that the puzzle doesn't let you even start on this portion of the game until you have solved all four of the individual words. Bah! The paper doesn't have this arbitrary restriction!

I had a pretty good idea of what the final phrase should be, so I drug out my handy scratch pad, wrote out the solution to the phrase, and started working backward to solve the two remaining individual word jumbles.

Now I realize I could have used Notepad or a similar program for my chicken scratchings, but paper and pencil was my instinctive choice. Also, I would have had to make up a new marking system to replace the techniques I use when working with pen and paper. I could have done that, but it would take effort to devise one, and it would probably be mucho clumsioso than my old reliable techniques. Hmmmph.

The final phrase? "Too many fowls".

1 comment:

Ole Phat Stu said...

What is a 'Daily Jumble'? We don't have them here, obviously a cultural difference you'll need to explain in a future blog post.