Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shuttle Service

That big black tower in the center is part of the Steel Bridge in downtown Portland.

Loaded the electric piano in the back of the truck and left the house at ten this morning. Put a hundred miles on the truck and returned home at four in the afternoon after two trips to downtown Portland, two trips to the airport to pick up two of my kids and one trip to Jantzen beach to sell the piano to a woman from somewhere in Washington.
Electric Piano in the back seat area of a four door pickup truck.  Not a very good picture.


What is it about musical instruments that encourages delivery in parking lots of obscure shopping centers? My son purchased his first guitar amplifier under similar circumstances. Who knows? Anyway, the couple who showed up to pick up the piano brought a four door pickup truck, and the piano fit in the back seat area.


While I was at the airport waiting for my son to arrive, I noticed a large lounge area on the other side of a big glass wall. The far wall was also glass and looked out onto the aircraft loading area. But it was completely devoid of people. That's odd, I thought, so I went looking for an entrance. I found one marked with a big STERILE AREA DO NOT ENTER UNDER PAIN OF MANY BAD THINGS HAPPENING sign. Okay that's even weirder, a secure area, with windows and no people. Well, nothing to be done, so I went and sat down, and as soon as I did a person walked through the sterile area, and then another, and then more, one or two at a time, sporadically. I finally realized it was a hallway leading from one wing of the terminal to another, and the only people who would use this hall are people who are changing planes.

No comments: