Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It Runs!

Finally got all the pieces bolted on, hoses connected, wires plugged in, radiator installed, crankcase filled with oil, throttle cable hooked up (that was a pain), coolant added to cooling system, but then we find the battery is dead. I had a battery charger. I know I did. I had it for years, but now when I need it, I can't find it. Did I give it away? Did someone borrow it? Is it hiding in a corner somewhere? Don't know. In any case I couldn't find it. Took the Les Schwab battery back to Les, they put it on a charger for an hour or two and then tested and said she's a goner, dude. So they sold me a replacement at the pro-rated price of forty some odd dollars, which I thought was a pretty good deal, since I had obviously killed it by letting it set in the car, without charging it even once, for a year (!). Put the new battery in and discovered we forgot a ground strap. Connecting it seemed to improve things. It took several tries, and several sessions of head scratching, wondering what could possibly be wrong before it finally fired up and ran just fine.

Still need to install the splash shields, front bumper and wheels. I need to get a bag of those stupid little plastic jobbies they use to hold the splash shields on, but that's about it.

No comments: