Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 30, 2011

To My Commenters

Both of you. I apologize. I just discovered that Blogger has a Spam box where they have been sending my comments. While there were a couple that might have been Spam, it looks like the majority were not. Unfortunately, I don't know what posts they were attached to, and I am not sure I will be able to figure it out.

P.S. Does Spam really need to be capitalized? Yes, if you are talking about the canned meat product (delicious fried), it's a proper name. But if you are talking about advertising sent under cover as being actual communication, I do not think capitalization is warranted. Matter of fact, if I was Spam, I would be perturbed that my proper name was being taken in vain. I think all those spell checkers out there need to be aware of this fact.

P.P.S. Why is perturbed spelled per-, and perogative is spelled pre-?

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

Because prerogative comes from the Latin word 'prae-rogare' meaning the right to vote FIRST (prae=before).

Chuck Pergiel said...

Dad burn over-educated whipper-snapper. Should have known you would know.