Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 2, 2011

Tumblr Does Not Like CMYK

Just for grins, I opened a Tumblr account and posted a few of my pictures there. Then I tried to post one of Cedric Delsaux's photos, and Tumblr choked on it. After going back and forth with the Tumblr help desk for a while it came out that the picture was encoded using the CMYK color model instead of the more usual RGB (Red Green Blue). I was surprised, because I hadn't done anything to cause this. I did a screen capture and MSPaint to crop it, and I may have used Picasa to trim it further, and none of them complained about it being some alien artifact.

A little poking around and I find some stories that lend credence to Tumblr's claims, but no actual proof. I still don't have any first hand evidence that the photo is using CMYK. If I had some real photo editing software, like Photoshop, they might be able to tell me, but nothing I have has said boo.

No comments: