Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, October 10, 2011

Machu Picchu

Daring daughter is planning a trip to the holiest site of archeology in the Americas. Naturally I had to look it up on Google Maps, and I see this switchbacking road from the river at the base of the hill up towards the top.



No sooner do I find it then I get an email with this video of trucks and buses negotiating some very narrow switchbacks.



Weird coincidence, but I don't think it is actually the same road. There are big trucks in the video, and I don't think there is anything worthwhile to haul up or down this road that would require a semi.

Jack warns us about the little kid who gets on the bus at the top just before it is ready to start back down the hill. He wants to bet that he can beat the bus to the bottom of the hill. It's 2,000 feet difference in elevation. Don't take the bet, because as sure as shootin' the kid will be waiting for you to get off the bus at the bottom of the hill with his hand out, waiting to collect his winnings. Actually, go ahead and make the bet. The kid can probably use the money.

Video from Mark.

No comments: