Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

NYC Bike Messengers are on Crack


I first saw this video several years ago and I was just entranced. The hypnotic rhythm of the tune seemed to go perfectly with the video. Rewatching this clip recently I realized I didn't know the tune or the band. I looked around a bit but couldn't find anything. A visit to Lucas Brunelle's website didn't turn up anything: I recognized all the tunes he has listed for his videos. I finally asked him and he tells me that someone had taken his video and attached a different audio track to it. Imagine that! The nerve of some people. I felt like a big dummy for not snapping to this earlier. I was so entranced by the video that I could not imagine it having a different sound track. Turns out the tune is Bandwitch performed by Broken Social Scene. I tried watching their video on YouTube, but it didn't do anything for me.

Besides being very talented with a bicycle and a camera, Lucas seems to be a bit of a character, maybe even an anti-hero of the bicycle universe. I am really pleased to have been able to talk to him, even if it was just a couple of dozen words over email.

No comments: