Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 15, 2012

Denver

I spent a couple of days laying low in Denver. I did not mind, it gave me a chance to recover from the long drive. When I first got off the freeway, I'm driving up Lincoln and I see this impressive building. Someone went to some trouble to give it a little more character than your typical big city high-rise. There are no other tall buildings near it, so your're going to have a good view from any room. I take it for a hotel, one that I am too cheap to stay in. Later I find out it's not a hotel, but the Beauvallon condos.










Here's the the capital building, or at least the gold dome.


I saw this sign while walking around downtown. I thought it was kind of odd. Why do they have the name of a TV show plastered in big letters on that wall? And why did they add "as to be"?



This truck was parked in front of my room. I don't know why it was chained to the post. I am not sure I want to know. My room was at the Day's Inn on Federal Way, which is on the other side of the Interstate from the Capital and all the cool people. This motel is more of a residential type place. There are families living in some of the rooms, little kids riding bicycles and scooters in the parking lot during the day. One man has a limousine and he is repairing bicycles out of his trunk. 






Ross and I had breakfast at Tom's Diner one day. If really reminded me of the diner scene from Pulp Fiction, no crazy hold-up couple with guns though.






Across the street from Tom's was this Pizza joint. I took this picture just for Tam.


2 comments:

Tam said...

I just got a shirt from Goose The Market (home of lamb bacon!) that reads "Vegetables Are What Food Eats." :D

Chuck Pergiel said...

:-)