Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 22, 2012

Optical Illusion

Hidden Text Optical Illusion

This amazed me. I could not see it until I squinted, and then it was obvious, and it was still obvious when I opened my eyes. For a second, and then it disappeared again. Weird.
Several other people on Facebook have reported back. Some were able to read it at first glance, others had a hard time. Jody wrote about her experience:
Yes, squinted the first time. Later the light changed, I walked into the room, squinted from afar and saw it at once. But today it had disappeared again for awhile. Then I moved back (more afar from the screen again) and the black text emerged. However, just this moment I looked again and only could see the white part. That's what it's about, seeing the white or the black. How this has to do with the brain, I can't imagine. Just now, I tried to focus on the black and couldn't get it again! Have I gone mad? (There's something eerily 3-D about it too. Recently I came across an Indian yantra that, when stared at, is said to balance the right and left hemispheres of the brain. Maybe this exercise is jumbling my brain halves aound.)

Update February 2021 replaced missing image. Today the text in the image is obvious, I cannot not see it.

No comments: