Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Quote of the Day

The VA losers will never give up. Despite their mandate of care, a heavy percentage of VA staffers live far to the right of Genghis Khan. If they lose here, they will push this case all the way to The Supremoes, whose hit song, Fuck You, Billy Jack, plays well with close to fifty percent of the illiterate US masses, who show no sign of abandoning their nicotine and alcohol addictions. - W1GYF, 23 October 2012 7:33PM
Found in the comments on a story about medical marijuana in The Guardian. I don't know who's behind the War On Drugs. Normally I don't blame the people ('the masses'). The conspiracist part of me says it's the current drug vendors, legal and illegal. The legal drug vendors (prescription pain medication, alcohol & tobacco) don't want any competition. The illegal vendors know that legalization will cut into their profits. But sometimes I just get really tired of all the bullshit and stupidity and I just want to say Fuck You, you ignorant sons-of-bitches, whoever you are, who are promoting this incredibly stupid War On Drugs.

P.S. I'm looking for links and this pops up:
    Okay, I see this and I think 'somebody is keeping the Anti-Drug Warriors supplied with drugs'. We're stretching the boundaries of what we can get away with. But then I click on the link (how can I not?) and it goes to a website that belongs to a band called The War On Drugs. No mention of Soma or prescriptions or much of anything besides music. What's going on here?
    A couple of days ago I was looking to see if the ACLU was doing anything about the no-fly list and a couple of links to Stop The ACLU! pop up. I've run into these guys before, blood red commies as near as I can tell, but let's see what kind of nonsense they are spouting now, so I click on the link and it leads off into la-la-land. Somebody intercepted the URL and redirected it.
    Now I've had problems before with some kind of virus on my machine screwing with the URLs, but it's been quiescent for the last several months, except for slowing my machine down to a crawl. I only notice it when I am running videos, so I haven't bothered to root it out. All this makes me wonder what's going on. Is some hacker really trying to screw with these specific sites? Or are key word phrases triggering it? This is a level of sophistication above the old "jump random and destroy" virii of years past. It's not as sophisticated as that Worm that took out the Iranian centrifuges, but with all the bloatware running around now, you can't really tell whether you machine is infected or not. And I'm pretty sure the virus writers are a couple of steps ahead of the anti-virus people.

No comments: