Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, October 8, 2012

Strip Tease by Carl Hiaasen

The animal on the cover?
That would be the Eager Beaver.
A friend of mine lent me Strip Tease. It's your basic murder mystery. It kind of reminds me of some of Elmore Leonard's stories. Matter of fact, it's a whole lot like Elmore's stories: it's about a wretched bunch of people being mean and stupid. Well, the heroine does seem to have something on the ball, now that life has slapped her upside the head. Still in all it's pretty sad. Just to show you the kind of low-lifes we are dealing with, her ex steals wheelchairs for a living. That's pretty low. Wait a minute, didn't I see a movie that had some guy stealing wheelchairs? What was it? I go poking around on Google for a bit and then it hits me: Striptease. Doh!

Update July 2015. Replaced missing movie photo.

No comments: