Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Skyfall


One of things I like best about spy movies is the way they take you on a virtual tour of the world. This time one of the highlights was Shanghai. This picture gives you some idea of what it's like, but it doesn't hold a candle to the scenes from the movie.


We also paid a visit to Hashima Island. I knew I had seen this place somewhere before, and I was right. I found some old, tiny photos of it. Suprised that I kept them, they were so little. The villain claims he started a rumor that caused the place to be abandoned within a matter of days. It's true that it was abandoned quickly, but that is because Mitsubishi decided to shut down the coal mine there, which was the only reason for anyone being there.

Update: This place was a coal mine for years, which means they were digging tunnels underground, which means, given the location, they were digging tunnels below sea level. God forbid you ever sprang a leak.


No comments: