Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, December 24, 2012

Loudspeakers

These are not the ridiculously expensive speakers, but they make a better picture.
Scott sent me a link about some ridiculously expensive loudspeakers being made in Bezerkley. In my view, since they are acoustic suspension speakers they are junk. I don't even have to listen to them. I am perfectly happy with YouTube and the set of Creative speakers I have for my PC.
    Thirty years ago, more or less, back when I was living in Austin I was thinking about spending some money on stereo equipment. I bought a receiver and a tape deck and I went looking for speakers. There was a stereo shop at the end of the street on the corner of Burnett Road (Burn it, durn it, can't chya learn it?) and they had a good size speaker room where you could try out any number of speakers, so I tried a few. Most of the speakers were acoustic suspension speakers from brand name manufacturers. There was one big pair from a local outfit called V2 that were not acoustic suspension. They were ported, and they were distinctly clearer than any of the acoustic suspension designs. I really liked them. I liked them so much I almost bought them, but the $600 price tag dissuaded me. Just as well. The only place I spent any time at all listening to music was in my car, and they would not have fit.
    Funny thing is this Bezerkely outfit is using V2 in the name of their fancy new speakers. I wonder if there is  any connection? Actually, a whole bunch of companies are using V2 in their product names.

Update November 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: