Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Death To Trimet

I think I may have a new calling as an Imam, being as I seem to issuing a lot of fatwas these days. A friend of my daughter flew into PDX late Friday night and wanted to take the train to Hillsboro. I thought I would be helpful and find when trains were scheduled. I was unsuccessful. So I complained, and Trimet, the ever helpful government bureaucracy, responded.

-----Original Message-----
From: c.pergiel@gmail.com [mailto:c.pergiel@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 11:59 PM
To: TriMet Customer Service; webcommentform
Subject: Question, Comment or Suggestion 
I am trying to find out if there are any trains running from the airport to Hillsboro tonight. I looked all over your website and could not find any useful information. I found a train that leaves the airport around midnight and another one that leaves around 4 in the morning, maybe.  Do those trains go all the way to Hillsboro? Are they even real? I call you on the phone and get "sorry, we're closed". This web site may be useful for people who ride the train during the day, but your night time information is totally inadequate.
----------------------------------------
TriMet Customer Service
Jan 7 (1 day ago) 
Dear Charles,
The last Red Line Train from the Airport departs at 11:49 pm.  At the Gateway Transit Center the red line train becomes a Blue Line train making all stops from Gateway Transit Center to Elmonica Max Station.  The last train does not travel further than Elmonica.
The train scheduled to leave from PDX at 11:15 pm also becomes a blue line at Gateway TC last stop is Elmonica Max Station.
To travel further than Elmonica you would board the 11:15 pm Red Line train at PDX, change trains at Gateway TC.  A blue line train is scheduled at Gateway TC at 11:39 pm making all stops from Gateway TC to Hatfield Government Center.
I am sorry you were not able to find proper information on the Trimet Web Site.
Kind Regards,
Jenny J
Customer Satisfaction
Trimet
------------------------------------------------------
Charles Pergiel
8:07 PM (18 hours ago)
to TriMet
Thank you for your help. Never mind that this information is FOUR DAYS LATE and is now absolutely useless.

No comments: