Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Act of Valor

HALO jump, with oxygen masks, not from the movie.

Pretty crazy movie. The bad guy establishes his credentials right off the bat. He is a very bad man. Everybody should want him dead.

The movie was released almost a year ago, just a month after a real Seal Team rescued a couple of hostages from Somalia, very much like the first action sequence involving soldiers in the movie. Well, our guys used helicopters for the real rescue and the guys in the movie used a HALO jump to drop in on the bad guys. I was looking for a picture of HALO jumpers and I stumbled on the hostage rescue story.

For some reason I read a few reviews of this movie after I watched it. I'm not sure what I was looking for but I didn't find it. All I found was a bunch of whining about how it's all propaganda and bad and terrible and everyone should hate it. Get over yourselves you twits, it's a friggin' movie. Yes, it's full of propaganda, but so is all the news you read everyday.

You know, I am all for legalizing drugs. If drugs were legal, the criminals wouldn't be making a fortune off of them and we wouldn't be wasting a ton of money fighting them. But I just had a thought. What if drugs did become legal and corporations took over the drug business. What would prevent them from conspiring to keep prices artificially high? And what would happen to the economies of South America and Southeast Asia once the corporations took over? If the risk of arrest and imprisonment goes away, so does the reward. Somebody will be making money, but you can bet it won't be the farmers.


Roselyn Sanchez plays the kidnapped CIA operative. We've seen her numerous times before on Without A Trace. The kidnapping scene is brutal and fast. She manages to shoot one of the bad guys before the others overpower her. They weren't effin' around.

Update February 2021 corrected spelling of Valour.

2 comments:

Tam said...

" If the risk of arrest and imprisonment goes away, so does the reward. Somebody will be making money, but you can bet it won't be the farmers."

It ain't the farmers now, either, FWIW...

Chuck Pergiel said...

Yes, I realized that when I read it again this morning. It was late, I was tired, it's only half coherent, but I wanted to say something.