Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, June 23, 2013

trouble with coriander

sgcollins (S.G. Collins?) made this video. He also made one debunking the moon hoax conspiracy theory, which is how I got onto him. There isn't much to this video, just some people preparing dinner for a party. Well, there is a very sexy girl that we get to watch. And there's the drunk guy trying to explain the problem. And the scene with the two girls in the kitchen, but never mind that. Back to coriander: 
Cilantro (sih-LAHN-troh) is the Spanish word for coriander leaves. It is also sometimes called Chinese or Mexican parsley. Technically, coriander refers to the entire plant. It is a member of the carrot family. 
Okay, it's a plant, what's the problem?
Most people either LOVE IT or HATE IT. Taste experts aren't sure why, but for some people the smell of fresh coriander is fetid and the taste soapy. In other words, while most people love coriander, for some people, coriander just doesn't taste good.
My friend Jack has this problem with celery. Some people seem to actually like it. I don't much care one way or the other. It doesn't taste like much of anything to me. As for coriander/cilantro, I'm not sure I even know what it tastes like. Some people I know rave about it. Guess I'll try and pay attention next time I run into it.

No comments: