Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, July 15, 2013

Hell On Wheels


We've started watching Hell On Wheels on Netflix this weekend. It's a series set in a movable camp that is following the construction of the first transcontinental railroad back in 1865 (just after the American Civil War). It's got all your dramatic stuff, heroes, villains, pretty girls, secondary plot lines, as well as murder and mayhem galore.
    One of things I like about it is the realism. OK, it's TV and it's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good. Mud and stupidity play leading roles. Then we have the train. I'm thinking it's pretty cool that they were able to find an old wood burning locomotive to use, so I went looking for pictures and I found this video. They didn't find one. They built a fake, from scratch, in three weeks. I'm impressed, it looks pretty darn good to me.

No comments: