Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sazan Island


The Brits are running some kind of military exercise on Sazan Island  I had never heard of it, so I had to look it up. I was surprised to find that it is not in the British Isles, but on the coast of Albania. It is outside the city of Vlore and just across the Strait of Otranto from the boot heel of Italy.  It's not very big, only two square miles in area, but its position has made it important to the military since forever. Not much to see, but I did find this picture by iglipustina. What I don't understand is how he got a picture that is half underwater without getting any water droplets on the top half of the image. Good trick, that.
   I also found a page of Albanian mountain scenes that are pretty amazing. Fairy tales got nothing on this place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Practicing for an invasion of Syria?

Chuck Pergiel said...

I hope the Brits have more sense than that.