Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Copper

California Bob reports:
I had collected some scrap metal in my garage from the house renovation -- a box of romex and misc wire and some copper and brass plumbing fittings.  I decided to take advantage of my jury duty, and took it down to the metal recycler.
I did it reluctantly -- would they take such a small quantity?  Would they offer anything?
They were set up to take small quantities, no problem.  Guy told me someone brought in a box of keys the other day.  They gave me $78!!  For a box of wire!  I was stunned.
But I had to wait 3 days.  That's the law here because people are always trying to recycle stolen stuff.  Went back this morning to get my cash.
I may have a new hobby.

No comments: