Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, February 21, 2014

The 5th Dimension Age of Aquarius 1969


I'm posting this because it took me hours to find it. I remembered I had posted a video of a group of male and female black singers, but I could not remember the name of the group or the song. I did remember that the way the women were dancing was the sexiest thing I had ever seen. Anyway, I paged back through my blogs archives for months and could not find it. So I asked Google, which led me to African-American musical groups on Wikipedia. Nothing jumped out at me, so I copied the list into a spreadsheet and methodically went through and marked all the names I recognized (which was only about 10%), but still no cigar. Eventually though all this mulling brought the Age of Aquarius to mind and I was able to track down the YouTube video. My question now is why aren't The Fifth Dimension listed on that Wikipedia page?


You can file this under 'What? Me racist?'

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Recording songs by the likes of John Phillips and Jimmy Webb for a label owned by Johnny Rivers means that people are going to forget all that blackness.