Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 31, 2014

Google Security

I have a computer in my office and my wife has a computer upstairs. I am always logged on to Goggle in my office. Yesterday evening we were discussing taxes, so I logged onto my G-mail account on her computer to check something. Okay, fine, now I'm logged onto two computers.
    Just now I got I a notice in my office that I had been logged off from "another location". (Oh? The upstairs computer? But there's nobody there. What's going on?) But now Google wants to know if I want to login again. Wait a minute, I'm in the middle of doing something here, and if I get logged off of another computer, you are going to log me off of all computers? Sounds like newthink to me.
    I would think that login would be on a computer basis. I can easily see wanting to be logged onto three or four computers at once, and then logging off one to let someone else use it. Or am I missing something?

No comments: