Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Suit Dream


I need a suit because I'm going to the prom. (Who wears a suit to the prom? Nobody I know. What am I doing going to a prom at my age? Who know's? It's a dream, alright?)
    I go to this small flat-topped retail building. It is much like any store you would see in a strip mall except it's only about as big as a small Seven-Eleven, and it's divided into two stores, one on the left and one of the right. The one of the left is a going concern and is of no interest to me. A suit company is moving into the one on the right. The name of the former tenant is displayed in raised letters along the front edge of the roof, but it has been painted the same color as the roof (a  sort of forest green). I was able to easily read the name, but it has faded from my memory now.
     I come back the next day and the suit company has finished moving into the back of the store and some other clothing company, a tuxedo rental outfit perhaps, is moving into the front. I walk in the front door that serves both clothing companies, walk through the front store and through a door into the suit company which is now in the back room. There are three tables arranged in a U and there is a meeting going on. I go to the lower left corner of the U and find a stack of small posters and other promotional material. There are at least six other people in the room. Some of them are involved in the meeting.
    I look at the papers and pull out one with a several small photographs on it. The photos are outlined in thin gold/yellow borders. I take a table knife and start cutting out some of these pictures by pressing the knife edge down along the border and rubbing back and forth which results in the knife sawing through the paper. I can do this on three edges of a photo, but on the forth I fold the picture back along the remaining edge and use the knife to cut through the fold. It still takes some sawing, but I don't have to hold it on the line. The folded paper does that, not well, but well enough.
   I cut out three or four pictures of I know not what, and that's enough. A slim, generically attractive woman comes by and wants some of the papers. I let her take them. By this time I'm wondering if I am going to be able to get a suit there, or whether this is just an administrative office and they don't actually have any clothes. But then I wake up, so I never got to find out.

No comments: