Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Crazy

I am fat and getting fatter, at least five pounds in the last year. I now tip the scales at 255 pounds. I probably should weigh something closer to 175 pounds. I have tried numerous schemes to lose weight but none of them have worked. I am pretty well convinced it's all in my head, but what can you do about that?
    Once more I am going to make an attempt. I have an idea for a scheme that might work. I let you know if it pans out. Or not. Meanwhile, I thought I'd see what the internet has to say and I found this quote on the dreaded HuffPost:
"What drives our behavior is not logic but brain biochemistry, habits and addiction, states of consciousness and what we see people around us doing. We are emotional beings with the ability to rationalize -- not rational beings with emotions. If we are stressed, depressed or addicted, no matter how good the advice we are given, chances are that we will not be able to act on it. The more primitive, emotional brain generally has precedence over the newer, more rational brain." - Dr. Rankin
I think that sums up the situation pretty well.

No comments: