Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Norco, California, Horsetown USA


What is it with little boys and guns? Playing 'army' was one of my favorite childhood pastimes. A steady diet of Steve Donovan, Western Marshall and Combat! might have had something to do with it. Still, I was a little surprised when I came across the above ad, enough so that I followed the link and when they offered to locate the nearest store, I said sure, tell me, and they did: 894 miles away in Norco, California. Norco? Never heard of it. Could it be Northern California? No, LA. Curious place. The Navy has a Surface Warfare Center there, one of two on the West Coast, both in Southern California. It's also famous for a big gun battle between the police and a crew of bank robbers. Sounds kind of like the movie Heat.


Norco Cowgirls Rodeo Drill Team
2014 Rose Parade, Pasadena, California

    What makes Norco interesting is their horse-centric view of the universe. Sidewalks? We don't need no steenking sidewalks, we've got horse trails all through town. Every house has a bit a of pasture and a two horse garage. Which reminds me:


Boy's Don't Cry - I Wanna Be A Cowboy

1 comment:

Jody B said...

and I can be your cowgirl?

(yippee yippee yi; yippee yippee yo)

:)