Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bonus Army, Part 1


Posthip Scott sent me a story about the Depression Era Bonus Army, which got a couple of thoughts going in my head, which means I'm gonna write a post, which means I'm gonna need a picture, so I ask Google and this picture turns up.
    I've heard of William Randolph Hearst. He was a very famous and very wealthy newspaper publisher. He's famous for the Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California, and for his granddaughter Patricia of the Symbionese Liberation Front kidnapping and conversion.
    I didn't recognize Marion Davies. Turns out she was an actress and Willy's heartthrob. Also turns out she had a couple of bucks of her own:
In Hearst's declining years, Davies provided financial as well as emotional support until his death in 1951.
Waaaa? Multi-zillionaire Willy Hearst needed financial support? Oh, well, not my problem. Not sure what the connection is to the Bonus Army is, but maybe that will turn up if I pursue this subject.

Update October 2023 replaced missing link to Bonus Army story.

No comments: