Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Return of the Prodigal Battery


We're cleaning light fixtures today and I find a burned out light bulb. I go to the cupboard to get a spare. I have a couple, but rumor has it that regular incandescent bulbs are going away so maybe I should save these for a more critical situation. Then I remember that the power company, or one of their minions, sent me a big box full of energy saving bulbs and stuff. Now where did I put it? I go down in the basement and look in the store room, and lo and behold, there it is, up on the shelf! Take it upstairs, open it up, and what do I see?


The leftovers from some household repair project including a bunch of tools AND the battery and charger for my Makita drill. How long has it been missing? At least a year, maybe two. This calls for a celebration! Think I'll have a diet Coke, a frivolous expense if ever there was one.

2 comments:

MP said...

Now if you can only find the drill. ;)

AndrewP said...

Ah yes, the feeling of relief when a long lost object is discovered.

Yesterday I found a key that inexplicably went missing on a long walk, I had no idea of what happened to it. It had wiggled off a seemingly good, but invisibly cracked plastic keyring.
also
It took a good 3 months to finally discover the last of the 3 missing objects from our move. The only aberrant object is a cracked table leaf the movers delivered, that wasn't ours.

Here's to small victories!