Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Derelict


I really like this picture. I'm not sure why, the car doesn't do much for me, though I do like the idea. 
I think it might be because that's how the world looks when I am driving.

People are nuts. This is a 1952 Chrysler Town & Country station wagon that has been worked over internally. The drivetrain (engine and transmission, etc.) has been replaced with a modern one, the seats have been reupholstered, and all the little stuff has been restored to operate correctly.  If you look closely, you will notice that the body proper and the front clip (hood and front fenders) are slightly different colors. That's because the front clip is from a 1952 DeSoto. Since DeSoto was made by Chrysler, it makes sense that it would fit. The change was made because the builder liked the Desoto's grill better, because of the teeth, perhaps? Hot Rod has the story. This line stood out:
The doors close with the solidity of a Mercedes, something we've never been able to accomplish on any of our personal cars.
Seems I heard once that the big car companies have entire departments devoted to how things sound, like the doors closing and the sound of the exhaust.

Via Posthip Scott.

No comments: