Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Corita Kent and the Reptilian Humanoids


If you use the Google, then you know that today is Corita Kent's 96th birthday. Corita seems like a clever person. She penned this little ditty.

To understand
is to stand under
is to look up
which is a good way to understand


When I Googled the first part of this, I encountered this phrase:
The word understand does not mean "to comprehend" as we use it, but to stand under (authority), which is why
under the Merriam Webster listing in the search results,


but when I went to their definition it wasn't there. What gives? So I Google that phrase which takes me to a discussion on David Icke's website, where I find that this phrase is blamed on someone named Freeman and since Freeman is all bullshit all the time, this explanation of 'understand' is also bullshit. 

So who is this David Icke? From his website we have:
A series of amazing synchronicities or ‘coincidences’ . . . led me to becoming a newspaper, radio and television journalist, a sports presenter with the BBC and a national spokesman for the British Green Party. These experiences helped me to realise what an irrelevance the mainstream media and politics are at informing the public what is really going on in the world.
He's a little full of himself but that last sentence really resonates with me. On the other hand we have this bit from Wikipedia:
He nevertheless continued to develop his ideas, and in four books . . .  set out a worldview that combined New-Age spiritualism with a denunciation of totalitarian trends in the modern world. At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood (including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson and Boxcar Willie) controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian.
Shades of Weird Al. (Boxcar Willie? Oh, no! Not Boxcar Willie, whoever he is). Then there is this:
Richard Kahn and Tyson Lewis argue that the reptilian hypothesis may simply be Swiftian satire, a way of giving ordinary people a narrative with which to question what they see around them.
I like the plain meaning of statement, I mean, it explains so much, but if the 'satire' explanation makes you feel warmer and fuzzier, well don't blame me when our Reptilian Overlords invite you over for lunch and you find that you are entree.

P.S. The discussion mentions FOTL, which doesn't stand for anything other than Fruit Of The Loom, but what that has to do with understanding is beyond my comprehension.
P.P.S. I have no idea who Freeman is either.

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

FOTL = Freeman on the Land

Brush up on your medieval Brit history!

Chuck Pergiel said...

So that might be the Freeman they were talking about. On the other hand all I found on the web about FOTL was about rational anarchists in the late 20th century in the USA.