Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Bob Hoover


Via Posthip Scott. This is the second time I have seen a Twin Mustang.
    I saw Bob performing at the local air show with his Aero Commander once. I wasn't particularly impressed. I mean it didn't have nine zillion horsepower, or roar like a freight train, or break the sound barrier. On the other hand he was doing stuff you wouldn't expect out of a midget airliner. This preview prompted to me to look him up on the net, where I found this amusing little clip.

Bob Hoover Barrel Roll

Update January 2021 replaced missing 2nd video.

1 comment:

Ole Phat Stu said...

You wrote "I saw Bob performing at the local air show with his Aero Commander once. I wasn't particularly impressed"

Well, I saw Bob performing with his Aero Commander once too. I WAS particularly impressed.

And I'm a CFI !

He turned the engine off at 3000ft, feathered the prop, flew his aerobatic routine, landed, taxied to the ramp, and parked in his assigned slot without using the brakes, all on a dead engine!

Now THAT is energy management, THAT is pure skill!