Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Chromebook problems in BA

I sent a message to the help desk, but since it was so eloquent (that's a euphemsim) I thought I would share.
Why is help chat unavailable? How do I turn off the blinking (that's a euphemism) touchpad? How do I correct spelling errors? Nevermind, a mouse will fix that. Why isn't touchpad in the dictionary? But that is all incidental to main issue. Why aren't local files automatically uploaded to the net? And did you really download all of my documents from the net to my Chromebook? By the way I plugged the charger into an adapter and plugged that into the wall and I was rewarded with a big fat spark. I suspect the charger is toast, but I am loathe to try it in case something worse happens. BA is a big city, but I am afraid finding a replacement charger is liable to take all my available time and cash. P.S. I was going to say chromebook isn't in the dictionary, but it was only the lower case 'C' that was clamoring for attention. And why do I think adaptor should be spelled with an 'O'?
Update: A Google-bot called me back immediately after I sent my message, only to tell me that my wait time would be 30 minutes. Are you kidding me? I am going to hang on hold for half an hour waiting to talk to someone about something simple? Well, thanks but no. I will figure this out on my own. On the plus side I now know that the house phone here works, which was kind of in doubt because I tried to call Devil daughter earlier and all I got was a phone company bot telling me some useless information, although I was able to pick out a couple of uno's and a sero.

No comments: