Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mystery Notes

Bruce Willis as Korben Dallas in The Fifth Element
Cleaning out old files today and I came across a business reply mail card with a bunch of notes scrawled all over that completely filled the available white space. It looks like I used it for a bookmark and made notes as I went along, but I will be durned if I can remember what book I was reading. Whatever it is, it's a big book, given the page numbers that I wrote down. And it's fairly recent, as in the last 20 years, given the reference to The Fifth Element, unless there was another use for the term before the movie came out. I'm gonna go look on my bookshelf and see if anything jumps out at me.

Page Topic
389 Elector to page 391
456 Right to Left? From the South / East?
503 professors
606 Captains
636 derivative
662 wanted
667 quixotic
762 Guanajuato

I found it! The only books I have that are long enough are Neal Stephenson's. I looked at a couple with no luck, but I finally picked up The Confusion, which is set in the late 1600's. So what's the deal with The Fifth Element? Here's the passage:



Update October 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: