Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Dino Pet

Dino Pet
As part of my foray into advertising, I signed up with Tomoson. Turns out most of the stuff they are promoting is of no interest to me, but there's a lot of it, so I started thinking that maybe I could turn this stream of promotions into a blog all its own, an all advertising, all the time deal, kind of like Home Shopping Network. I mean it could work, right?
    So I open their latest email and Dino Pet jumps out. Now that is kind of cool. First promotion from Tomoson that interests me. Isn't that just the way it goes?
    What we have here is a clear container full of water with a colony of bio-luminescent algae. Leave them out in the sun during the day, shake em up at night and they glow for a bit. Plus you have to feed them once a week or so. I guess that means they aren't plants. Plants you can seal up in glass bottle and they will survive just fine.
    The Dino part of the name is a bit of a stretch. The microscopic, glowing critters are called dinoflagellates. I suppose that's where they got the 'dino' part of the name. Kind of spendy for a gee-gaw, but it's not electronic, which is a plus in my book.

No comments: