Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, August 1, 2016

Medicine Bow Peak


Medicine Bow Peak
The horizontal line across the bottom of the picture is Interstate-80
Last year was the 60th anniversary of the crash United Airlines Flight 409 into Medicine Bow Peak in Wyoming. There were a spate of stories about the crash, and I spent some time looking them over. I also put together a rough map of the flight plan.
    When we were driving back from Iowa not quite a month ago, our route took us through Cheyenne, Wyoming, where we spent the night. The next morning we are headed west on I-80 and I look over and see these mountains and say "that's where that airliner crashed".
    I didn't get a picture, but Google Earth bears me out.

Prompted by looking at the terrain around Chidago Canyon, site of Mr. Spock's return to Earth. Via Mr. Healy.

No comments: