Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Rain, rain, go away

Greenhouse constructed of PVC pipe and plastic film
We have an 'event' coming up and now it looks like rain. I'm thinking that we should have a backup plan, you know, just in case our luck should turn sour and it does rain. It's not going to rain, but you know, just in case.
    So I'm thinking a giant tent made out of cheap plastic materials would be just the ticket. Looking around I found this picture on Simplifed Building, who seem to have some good ideas.
    As to whether I actually build such a structure or not is still up in the air.  It would run about $500 for materials and cover an area about 700 square feet. But when do you set it up? It would take at least a day to set it up, so it would have to be set up the day before. If I am seriously considering this I should go buy the materials tomorrow, just I have them on hand. Urk. $500. If I don't use them, I should be able to return them. Still, kind of a big commitment. And if it does rain, would something like this suffice? Fret, worry and concern seem to be mine.

No comments: