Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, August 19, 2016

Word of the Day

1918
Gold Star Family - The term Gold Star family is a modern reference that comes from the Service Flag. These flags/banners were first flown by families during World War I. The flag included a blue star for every immediate family member serving in the armed forces of the United States, during any period of war or hostilities in which the armed forces of the United States were engaged. If that loved one died, the blue star was replaced by a gold star. This allowed members of the community to know the price that the family had paid in the cause of freedom.
 Peter doesn't much care for Hillary, to put it mildly. Can't say as I blame him. She is the very model of a limousine Bolshevik, and I don't much care for them. Now, in case you haven't been paying attention, Khizr Khan (a Hillary supporter) and the Donald have been throwing verbal bombs at each other. Doing a little point and click on this controversy takes me to Snopes dot com where I find this new-to-me term.

No comments: