Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Constable Part 2

Salisbury Cathedral from the Meadows - John Constable 1831
I'm flipping through the WSJ this morning, I see this picture and I immediately think "Hey! Wayne!", because the style and composition are so similar, but then I start reading and I realize that while it is the same artist, it is not the same painting. Still it is kind of weird that I would encounter two paintings by some guy I had never heard of in the same week. Did my blog post provoke this? Or maybe my watching the Top Gear video pushed it over some mystical YouTube threshold that caused it to be spread far and wide, which in turn started a ground swell of appreciation for all things Constable. More likely it is just coincidence.

"Hey! Wayne!" links to Part 1.

No comments: