Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Mayhem


Mayhem - Watchers (Official Music Video)

The boys went to see this band last night at the Hawthorne Theater. I fail to see the attraction, but then I don't much care for horror movies either and those are extremely popular with some people. Also, I am old. The band's whole shtick seems to be nihilism. I can see how that could be attractive to people who are fed up with the behavior of their fellow citizens.

The band is notorious for some very bad things, though the perpetrator's are no longer in the band. Maybe, it's a little hard to tell when everybody goes by a stage name. They have been around for 30 years. The Quietus has a review:
". . . they were a forward-looking group of musicians who had stronger avant garde/ experimental credentials than anyone else in their field and that I thought it was time to forget all about the murders, suicide, skull jewellery, arson, political extremism and to simply concentrate on the music. In return for my flight I had written a long feature on the history of the band and the solidity of their leftfield musical credentials for a Norwegian paper. It was a very lengthy feature and before I got to the long coda where I commanded people to stop talking about the murders, suicide, skull jewellery, arson, political extremism and concentrate on the music instead; I recapped the band’s history, including all the stuff about the murders, suicide, skull jewellery, arson, political extremism and whatnot." - John Doran
The way he repeats the catch phrase reminds me of Donald Rumsfeld's apology for his 'Axis of Weasels' remark.

Update March 2020 replaced missing video. This one has a warning about epilepsy.

No comments: