Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 27, 2017

Vostochny Cosmodrome is in Business


Russia launches first rocket from new cosmodrome
euronews

The first launch happened almost a year ago. None of my news sources reported it. Of course, I've got my filters set on high to keep the crap out, but still, something like this should have got through. Shoot, I put up a post about the Vostochny Cosmodrome two years ago. You'd think someone would have told me. Useless news media.

On a related note, Russia is working on a new booster that will use methane, i.e. natural gas, as a fuel. Natural gas is not often used for vehicles of any type because of the need for a very high pressure tank, but since rockets commonly use cryogenic fluids, natural gas could make sense.

P.S. Looking for the post about using natural gas in cars, I was surprised to find that I have put up a couple of dozen posts relating to natural gas.

Update March 2023 replaced missing video. I don't know if it is an exact replacement, but the title is similar and the time frame is right.

No comments: