Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Hotchkiss Anti-Personnel Auto Cannon


.50 BMG Hotchkiss Revolving Cannon Reproduction

A couple of weeks ago while I was looking for pictures of a WW2 era Russian anti-aircraft gun, I stumbled over the Hotchkiss Revolving Cannon.

Hotchkiss five-barrel 3-pdr now in Texas County, Missouri. Note the crank used to operate the weapon and the ammunition feed guides. Photograph copyrighted by Jim Price.
The Hotchkiss revolving cannon is a 19th Century weapon that was employed on naval vessels and with cavalry. The U.S. Army used it during the American Indian Wars.

I got onto this gun because, one, there seems to be some confusion about the caliber. Some places claim 37mm and some 47mm. And two, there aren't very many pictures of Soviet WW2 artillery on the net. Anyway, I sent what little info I found to Jack, my artillery expert, and he turned up the video.


No comments: