Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Infernal Bureaucrats

Florida Turnpike toll gantry Bird Rd 7402
I got a bill in the mail from California for $7.75. It's the toll for driving over the Golden Gate bridge. They still have toll booths, but you don't have to stop anymore, they just take a picture of your license plate, look you up in their computerized database and send you a bill. Evidently, it even works across state lines because I have Oregon plates on my truck.

When I went to Miami earlier this year, I saw several signs advising that license plate cameras were at work collecting tolls. My car was a rental, and the charges eventually showed up on my rental bill. It was less than $10 for ten days of driving around Miami.

My Citi card was refused at Costco today. Seems I haven't paid my bill. Well, where is it? I've been looking for it but all I've seen have been promotional mailings offering to lend me even more money. So I call them and I get a pleasant sounding robo-cop, but no matter how loud I yell she can't understand me. She won't shut up either, she keeps yammering away about some useless information (supposed to fry my imagination). I give her two chances and she fails on both so get me to a real person you stupid shit. It takes persistant hammering on the keypad and yelling to get a connection to a real person who then wants to play 20 questions. Screw you, Citi bank. You want your money, send me a bill.

The credit card problem sent me over the edge. This is like the first week this summer without some kind of catastrophe and I was finally thinking that maybe I could relax and then this bullshit happens. I mean, what happened to the frickin' bill? I could have misplaced it, or someone along the delivery chain could have lost it, but that has never happened before, so why would it happen now? Especially since I know it's liable to be a big bill and I've been watching for it. So no, it didn't get lost on the way. Stupid Citi failed to get it out the door. I suspect all large corporations are evil (they aren't intentional evil, they are just big, relentless machines that have replaced thinking with blind, rote obedience), and in this case evil Citi bank screwed up. I am almost willing to bet that someone clicked on the little check box that signed me up for paperless billing. God damn commies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/citicard.html

Consumer Complaints and Reviews

Susan of Costa Mesa, CA on Aug. 13, 2017

I had been a Citi Bank Credit Card holder for more than 10 years until last year and always paid the full balance every month. Sometime last year, they stopped sending me paper bills. It took me a couple of months to notice. When I contacted them, they said bill was sent via email which I never requested. I looked for the emails but didn't find them. I protested but they were not very accommodating so I paid the full balance and canceled the account without realizing how this would affect my credit.

I bought a car today and the car dealer showed me the credit score which shocked me. I had a pretty high credit score before and this Citi Bank account incident lowered the credit score significantly more than 100 points. When I canceled the account, I was upset but didn't know it was going to have a serious effect so didn't keep any record. How do I go about getting this record removed?
===================================

Your pal,
James