Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Villains and Heroes


Hidden Figures | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Hidden Figures is about colored women working for NASA at the beginning of the space age. We watched it this evening on HBO-GO.

Heroes

I have a problem with my eyes. Every time something good happens they start leaking water. While we were watching this movie this evening I don't think they ever stopped. Kind of annoying. It's 1961 in Virginia and segregation is still a fact of life. Colored folks ride in the back of the bus, there are separate restrooms and water fountains for whites and coloreds. I'm feeling a little privileged right now, I never ran into any of that. 'Course I never lived in the South, nor in any neighborhoods that were not almost exclusively white. Wait, that's not true. I did live in a black neighborhood in Houston for maybe a year back around 1975.

Actors Main Characters


Villains

I finally gave up on The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It's a pretty great story, except for a couple of barbarians who keep appearing and causing all kinds of grief. Stupid and brutal is their short and complete description. The book is like a thousand pages long and I only have about 100 pages to go, but when the big shithead reappears for the umpteenth time I finally decided I had had enough and put it down.


No comments: