Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, December 8, 2017

Quote of the Day

No, I have no idea what 'unstumpable' means, but I think the picture is somehow appropriate.
I'm not impressed with Donald, but maybe I should be. If you look at the image that is projected by the media you'd think he is an ego-bloated gas bag. If you look at what he is actually doing, well, you can't, or rather I can't, meaning I am not going to spend the time wading through all the crap that gets published in order to pick up the occasional tidbit that might be significant. Meanwhile he charges on, and some people seem to think he is succeeding at whatever it is they think he's doing, and naturally, because everything is political these days, they pile up the plaudits to a ridiculous height.

Dustbury likens him to The Mule, a character from a science fiction novel, a resemblance that looks remarkably like any political movement, before he points to a meme about how The Donald is the smartest of them all. It is full of sound and fury, more or less, but this comment sums it all up rather nicely:
I think Trump is definitely smarter than he’s often given credit for, but I don’t think he’s a genius either. I just think that the people he’s up against are so far up their own asses and so far removed from what’s going on with the lower classes that all you need to beat them is a big set of gonads, a functioning brain, and a decent amount of charisma. It’s really only a 2D chess board, but the other side refuses to actually look at the opponent’s pieces. - iotacom
P.S. The Mule is a character from Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy. I read it and a whole bunch of Isaac's other books about a zillion years ago, but I don't remember The Mule. Maybe it's time to read them again.

No comments: