Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Sam Rockwell as Dixon
Nothing happened in this movie as you might expect. We have all kinds of bad behavior. The plot is so demented I started to think this was a Coen Brothers' movie. Having Frances McDormand in it might helped with that idea. She was in Blood Simple, Fargo and Burn After Reading, all Coen Brothers' movies.

You think Dixon is peripheral character, an obviously rotten egg, but then . . . but that would be telling. The Atlantic has a review, if you like that kind of thing. I thought the movie was pretty great.

Sam Rockwell has been in a bunch of movies. I've seen a couple of them, like Cowboys & Aliens, Matchstick Men and Charlie's Angels, but I don't remember him. You can bet I'll remember him now.

We saw this film at a Regal Cinema. You now have to pick your seat when you buy your ticket, which I thought was kind of shitty. What if you don't like the seat when you get in there? But I'm with my wife so no fussing allowed. The seats are new too, big and fancy. Big electric recliners with leather upholstery. I think changing to these chairs must have cut the seating capacity in half. Tickets are now $12.50, but we got a $3 discount for being old. The whole rigamarole of getting tickets and getting inside is annoying, as is the relentless advertising. We did get there 15 minutes early, but it used to be that they would just let you sit in silence, which was kind of nice. But you haven't paid for that time, so we get to bombard you with an endless onslaught of useless information.

No comments: