Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 12, 2018

All God's Children are Sinners

Question on Quora:
I was caught driving with a suspended license in Massachusetts, officer said the judge probably won't charge me if I get my license back in 5 weeks. I'm a college student with a few tickets and no crimes, do I need a lawyer to settle it?
I had to think about how to answer this for a bit. I started to answer several times, trying various versions of 'what kind of an idiot are you?', but given that there is a small possibility that there is a reasonable explanation for this situation, I decided I needed to try again. I finally ended up with this.
Do you need a lawyer? That kind of implies you either have the money to hire a lawyer, or you think you can get the money. What’s the problem? Oh, you were driving with a suspended licence. Huh. And they thought you were smart enough to go to college. Is this what we have been reduced to? Answer questions that shouldn’t have to be asked? Or is it that the world is so complex that younger people can no longer distinguish between a venial sin and a cardinal sin? I mean there are so many sins these days, and if you listen to what’s being talked about, they are ALL cardinal sins, which is a lie, but everyone does it so it must be okay, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a sin?

Your pal,
James

Ole Phat Stu said...

James, a sin is cos-play with a 90 degree phase lead ;-)

Chuck Pergiel said...

Youse guys are a couple of clowns, funny, but clowns.