Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Double Blast From The Past


Rooftop Singers - I've Been Working On The Railroad (Live)
You might need to turn the volume up, it's pretty low.

Tam's singing "'♫♪Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah, stronger than the Old Man Joe!♫♪'. She's got the words wrong, but I know that tune, though I haven't heard it in about a zillion years, so I go looking for copy. YouTube has got about a zillion versions and while most of them are for little kids there are a few 'real' versions. There's one by Johnny Cash, one by Liberace (?!?!) and one by Paul Tremaine & His Orchestra. Then I come across this one by The Rooftop Singers, which causes Walk Right In to pop up:



The Rooftop Singers "Walk Right In"

Another tune I haven't heard in about a zillion years. This one I remember being popular on the radio, not just in my parents kitchen.
Walk Right In written by Gus Cannon in 1929 was recorded by folk trio, The Rooftop Singers, in 1962 for Vanguard Records. Released it as a single, it spent two weeks at #1 on both the Billboard Hot 100 and the Easy Listening charts, #4 on the R&B chart, and #23 on the country music chart in 1963. The Rooftop Singers were Erik Darling , Bill Svanoe, and Lynne Taylor. - catman916
Looks like zillion is my new favorite word.

Wikipedia has articles about I've Been Working on the Railroad and Walk Right In.


No comments: