Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Pedophiles


True Detective Season 3 (2019) Teaser Trailer | HBO

We've been watching the third season of True Detective where we have a pair of detectives investigating the disappearance of a couple of kids. Now wait a minute, didn't the first two seasons revolve around similar cases? I mean detectives investigate all kinds of cases, like drug smuggling and murder and fraud and arson. Why are they concentrating on cases involving missing kids? I mean, how many pedophiles are there?

And then it struck me: there are liable to be a heck of a lot of them. When I was a kid, homosexuals did not exist. Well, they did, they just hid in the closet and no one ever talked about it. Now we find that there are a heck of lot more than zero. Estimates range from one to ten percent of the population. Five percent seems like a reasonable estimate. And the line between homosexual and heterosexual is not always sharply defined. Sexual orientation seems to be kind of like autism or many other human qualities: there is a spectrum of preferences. So depending on which way the wind is blowing today, the number may be as low as one percent or as high as ten. So, given our lack of solid information, five percent seems like a reasonable guess.

Given that there is variation in what people find sexually attractive, it also seems reasonable to assume that a similar percentage of people (i.e. between one and ten percent) are sexual attracted to children. There might be a similar number who are attracted to old people, but we don't worry about that so much. If an old person suffers from some psychological trauma due to being sexually abused, well they are not likely to be around causing trouble much longer. On the other hand, with kids any kind of psychological trauma they suffer is liable to cause them to turn into screwed up adults, and society will be dealing with them for a long time.

Pia Zadora ca 1980
I remember seeing a picture of Pia Zadora back when she was a big deal (which would have been back in the 1980's). I couldn't understand what the big fuss about. To me she looked like a child, big boobs not withstanding. Boobs are all well and good, but faces have always been my focus. Just to be clear, I do not find children sexual attractive. Snot nosed brats rank right down near the bottom, right alongside homosexuals.

Homosexuality has become more accepted in society at large, and as long as their activities are kept private, between consenting adults, the verdict seems to be that it is okay. If I have to think about it for more a couple of seconds, I am repulsed, but as long as it is out of sight, it is out of my mind, and I am fine.

I don't think pedophiles are going to find that kind of acceptance, and given that sexual preferences are innate, I don't think it's going to go away, so detective shows are going to have an endless supply of stories.

I do worry (just a tiny bit) that when we fix all of societies other problems (like that is ever going to happen), pedophiles are going to become even more heavily persecuted, which could lead to some serious unpleasantness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to my internet exploration, Pia does not have large breasts-hers are 33As on a 4'
11" tall body with a 20" waist and 33" hips.
I just saw the 1984 movie you got the picture she was in. According to IMDb, she had shown her pregnancy in this movie. With her large mouth in the movie, she can make your pasta happy-she is Italian