Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, March 8, 2019

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon


Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Trailer

Watched this the other night. It's still pretty great, though it wasn't as overwhelming as when I saw it the first time in the theater, 19 (?!?!) years ago. This time I was able to follow the story a little better and now I realize the princess is psycho. She is very talented at martial arts and can defeat a whole tavern full of men with one hand tied behind her back, figuratively speaking. But she is like a loose cannon, spreading discord and mayhem wherever she goes, and as near as I can tell, for no purpose other than to satisfy her own impulses.

The fight scene between the two leading ladies was pretty spectacular. I figure that it's all choreographed and well rehearsed, but it's still pretty amazing that nobody got hurt with all that steel flying around at close quarters.

I remember my mother didn't like the flying bits (the rooftop chase scenes), too fantastical for her. I took it with a grain of salt. 'People flying over the rooftops' sounds exactly how some guy staggering home after a late night of whooping it up with his buds would describe seeing people running over the rooftops. So it's not an unrealistic fantasy, it's an alcohol induced fantasy, which is much more realistic.

On Amazon Prime Video

No comments: