Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

FORD v FERRARI


FORD v FERRARI | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

When I was a kid back in high school, I was enamored with Group 7 Can-Am race cars. To my mechanical brain they were the perfect American way to go fast: Big engine, chassis made of flat panels of aluminum riveted together and a handful of mechanical bits to hold the wheels. We didn't need fancy, we did big and simple and went like greased lightning.

The Ford GT-40 was the epitome of this genre. James May of Top Gear fame did a show about it. While it was a great show, it was done in James May style, meaning it was almost totally devoid of drama. This movie promises to be entertaining.

I have learned a bit about myself and people in general in the intervening 50 years. Getting people to work together toward a common goal is, to my mind at least, a much more difficult task than building a race car. I could build a race car. Getting a crew together to campaign it would be dang near impossible task for me.

Previous Ford GT posts.

Via Ross

No comments: