Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, July 8, 2019

Alcohol


Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B. (Official Music Video)

I am generally opposed to using foul language and especially in public, but sometimes you just gotta let it fly. (Where have I heard that before?) Alcohol is a curious drug. I remember missing a question on the drivers license exam (when I moved to Oregon, not when I first took the test 50 years ago). The question was about alcohol and it asked 'what is the first thing alcohol affects?' There were several choices like speed or distance or color or something but the correct answer was judgement. Could be, but then I came across this video, wherein Jordan B Peterson claims that alcohol doesn't affect your ability to judge things accurately, it's just that you don't care about the consequences so much.

Then YouTube served up this video. Man, I swear I've seen every one of these scenes. Or maybe I've just seen numerous similar scenes. I mean drinking is like a required element in every drama.


If You Don't Start Drinkin' (I'm Gonna Leave) - George Thorogood

I'm not as enamored of this tune as the first one, but the video is terrific.

No comments: