Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Spinning


The Bizarre Behavior of Rotating Bodies, Explained

Veritasium makes my day, again. When I started working as a carpenter (a half century ago) I remember one of the crew demonstrating that tossing a hammer so that the handle flipped around the head resulted in the face of the hammer head facing the opposite direction. At the time I thought it was a little odd, but it did this every time. As I had no explanation for it, I just filed it away as just one more property of this weird world we live in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that the earth will not flip after all. And it would never occur to me to flip my tennis racket along the intermediate axis; how dorky is that? But thanks for the excellent explanation.

Your pal,
James